The Staff Scoop
Do what you love.
Love what you do.
When you have the pleasure to work with dogs every day, it just doesn’t seem like work.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & OFFICE MANAGER
Mary is our office manager and our go-to “numbers lady!” Mary handles the books, the packages, the finances, the staff, the schedule, our vendors, the list goes on… she’s a wiz!
Everyone knows and loves Mary!
When she first started in 2010 she had no idea the knowledge of dogs she would gain by being so involved with the programs we offer at Wag ‘N’ Tails. Mary does a fantastic job leading our callers into the best program that will suit their needs. This task is not an easy one! Sometimes callers are upset, Mary calms them. Sometimes callers are in a hurry to schedule boarding for an expected trip, no problem! Is your dog house soiling or jumping up on people? No problem. Mary will get you started right away!
She works at Wag ‘N’ Tails Monday through Thursday, and spends her weekends with her husband Jeff, her daughter Sidney, her Cocker Spaniel named Emma and her new kitty named Sage! She loves her pool and relaxing at home when she’s not golfing or traveling for Sid’s soccer!
Jordan Covington CPDT-KA
DIRECTOR OF SERVICES/ CLASS INSTRUCTOR
Jordan joined our team in April of 2011. She has two pit bulls, Paco and Yogi Bear and she’s always got a couple of foster pups hanging around, too! She is proud to be an Expert Trainer at Wag ‘N’ Tails. Jordan also continues to develop our rescue program here at Wag ‘N’ Tails. She and the Director of Training, have much to consider when finding the rescue organizations we partner with. Her younger twin sisters, Lexi and Brooklyn, often volunteer their time to us, too!
Managing, teaching and leading staff teams isn’t easy.
Jordan implements and develops procedures and policies that not only ensure the health and safety of our guests, but also allow us to continue providing outstanding customer service.
The experience and education provided to our carefully selected staff of care providers are developed and lead by Jordan and her guidance..
She also works hard to provide unique captured moments of our guests who hold memberships to Wag. She will often set up picture days for the dogs and enjoys sharing those moments with our clients and the public.
When Jordan was little she wanted to be a dog when she grew up! No wonder she has such a passion for dogs and such a big heart…We’re so lucky to have her in our pack!
ADMINISTRATIVE AND PERSONAL ASSISTANT
Rhonni joined our team in October of 2014 and quickly proved to us that she is the real deal! She currently wears many hats at Wag. You may see her as Pack Leader, in the play and train room, assisting Jordan as the Play and Train Supervisor or as Christine’s personal assistant. Her responsibilities include assisting the Supervisor in policy and procedure development, training new employees, and ensuring that the training staff is completing all of their assigned tasks in a time efficient manner. She is a fantastic team leader.
Rhonni has one dog named Ace, and he goes everywhere with her that allows dogs. She proudly and frequently fosters puppies for A Rejoyceful Animal Rescue and actually adopted Ace from the rescue when he was 10 weeks old. Rhonni plans on continuing Ace’s education as well as her own. In the future Rhonni plans to obtain Ace’s canine good citizen certification as well as his therapy dog certification. When Rhonni was little she wanted to be a Veterinarian when she grew up, so it is no surprise that she is looking forward to finishing school in the next year and becoming a licensed veterinary technician.
We are so happy to have Rhonni in our pack!
- Nick’s hobbies include Music, Video games and Kayaking!
- His goals for the future are move out and get his own place!
- When Nick was little, he wanted to be a basketball player when he grew up.
- His favorite animal are Apes and dogs!
- If Nick could snap his fingers and be anywhere, he would be somewhere in Europe
- Nick’s favorite celebrity dog is the Australian cattle dog from Mad Max
- He has two dogs Opie, a rescue Pit Bull, and Harley and she is a boxer
Joe Russo started his loyalty with Wag in April of 2013. Joe is the Director of Training at Wag, and enjoys helping families train their furry kids. In 2011 he married his wife Sara, they are expecting their first baby this spring and we couldn’t be more excited for them! Joe and his wife Sara have 3 cats and 2 dogs named Milla and Obi. They also care for a foster dog named Cooper, who used to live at Wag until Joe and Sara opened their home to him. They have been caring for Cooper for over 2 years now, and we couldn’t be more proud of the progress Joe has made with Cooper and helping him overcome his fearful behaviors. He is a favorite for many and we’re happy to have him! To learn more about Joe sign up for one of his classes, private lessons or he is always willing to come right to your doorstep.
- What are your hobbies? I like to bake, jigsaw puzzles, crochet, needlepoint, gardening and people watch.
- What are your goals for the future? To visit the Grand Canyon.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A veterinarian.
- Favourite animal? Dog, cat, and a horse.
- If you could snap your fingers and be anywere, where would it be? London England.
- Favourite celebrity dog? Jerry Lee.
- Do you have pets? Toy poodle named Addee and a fat cat named Hanna.
- What are your hobbies? Knitting and crocheting.
- What are your goals for the future? Short term would be getting all my hours + training in and long term would to become a dog groomer and maybe trainer in the future.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to become a dog groomer.
- Favourite animal? Dogs.
- If you could snap your fingers and be anywere, where would it be? Disney World.
- Favourite celebrity dog? Snoopy.
- Do you have pets? I have a Jack Russel terrier/ Corgi mix named Roxie.
Play and Stay Trainer, Pack Leader
Lexi & Brooklyn
PLAY AND STAY VOLUNTEERS
Lexi and Brooklyn started volunteering for our team in 2012. They enjoy training the dogs and working hard, just like their older sister Jordan. They have three dogs named Taco, Nacho and PeeWee. They also have two cats named Abbie and Snow. Lexi and Brooklyn can’t wait to get their licenses, graduate high school and have cars of their own. After high school Brooklyn plans to continue her career at Wag ‘N’ Tails, and Lexi plans on becoming a flight attendant!
Play and Stay Trainer
PLAY AND STAY TRAINER
Jaimie is a Play and Stay Trainer; she joined our team in November of 2016. Jaimie’s love for dogs and drive to help as many dogs as she can made her the perfect fit for our team. Jaimie has two dogs of her own named Onyx and Miya. Jaimie’s favorite things to do are sleeping and hanging out with Onyx. Jaimie plans on finishing school and becoming a licensed Radiation Technologist, she also plans on adopting as many dogs as she possibly can.
Play and Stay Trainer
- What are your hobbies? Drawing, nature, watching movies, and camping.
- What are your goals for the future? Get a degree in college for a job I enjoy, learn to be a dog trainer and groomer, and buy a house to be able to live on my own.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A cartoonist, a wildlife photographer, and an animal caretaker.
- Favourite Animal? Hippo and a sting ray.
- If you could snap your fingers and be anywere, where would it be? Kentucky, my favorite state.
- Who’s your favourite celebrity dog? The target dog (Bull terrier)
- Do you have pets? I have a Terrier mix named Chester.
Play Stay Trainer
Abbey enjoys kayaking, rock climbing, hiking, playing her banjo, and teaching her dogs new tricks.
In A Snap:
If Abbey could be anywhere in the world at the snap of her fingers, she would want to be in Iceland.
One Paw At A Time:
Abbey’s short term goal is to visit Costa Rica to teach their culture about the bible.
Abbey’s long term goal is to buy a house, foster a lot of pets and one day own a goat!
Before She Grew Up:
When Abbey was little, she wanted to be a Farmer or Veterinarian when she grew up.
Play Stay Trainer
1. What are your hobbies?
Training and playing with my dogs, watching tv, and hanging out with animals.
2. What are your goals for the future?
I plan on going to MSU for veterinary medicine and have my own farm and vet practice.
3. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
Ever since I was 5, I wanted to be a vet.
Horses & Cows
5. In a snap where would you be?
6.Fav celeb dog?
Comet the Golden Retriever on Full House
– 2 dogs named Avery and Ginger
– 3 Rabbits, Piper, April, and Lexie
– 2 Geckos, Squirt &Tiger
Play Stay Trainer
1. What are your hobbies? I play Precussion, watch movies and write
2. What are your goals for the future (short-term or long-term)? To get a dog training certification
3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? wanted to be a marine biologist
4. What is your favorite animal? Red Panda
5. If you could snap your fingers and be anywhere, where would it be? Nepal
6. Who is your favorite celebrity dog? Atlas the Samoyed
7. Do you have pets? What kind and what are their names? Koji, a yellow lab leaderdog puppy